Does anybody prefer windows 10 to windows 7

I'm serious. I've yet to meet anyone who does. And I can't think of a real world usage case where I would prefer 10. I'm open to new perspectives, so enlighten me!

Meanwhile, how embarrassing for Microsoft. Somewhat reminiscent of the xp to 7 transition, where there were some advantages to 7, but not so many that it made the pain of the transition easy to ignore.  In each case the "killer" freature was that Microsoft literally killed the older OS by stopping security updates.

It's unfair to expect Microsoft to continue to improve or support an os so old that many customers payed for it more than 5 years ago. But forcing an unloved "update" on your users is not the way to maintain market share. If only osx wasn't a crappy alternative or Linux had better q/a the choice would be obvious.

PS. I'm not saying there are zero improvements in 10. Although the only one that comes to mind is the improved file copying status dialog box. I'm just saying none of those mild improvements justifies all the huge regressions in usability.

Comments

Email me

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular posts from this blog

Panasonic TH-42PX75U Plasma TV review: input lag and upscaling tested using the piLagTesterPRO

piLagTester PRO order page

Vizio VX20L HDTV review: input lag and upscaling tested using the piLagTesterPRO